Sunday, October 14, 2007

Love Mesa Grill

Location, Las Vegas, NV

The local WiFi at Main Street Station works so well that I go over each morning to check the emails and even update the blog.

Yesterday morning we went to Main Street Station for a 2 for 1 brunch. That sufficed for most of the day. We did go to the Bay City Diner at the Golden Gate Club on Fremont Street for hamburgers last night.

I went looking for more 2 for 1 coupons, but all the books with those coupons had been pulled. I did manage to find 3 books this morning but don’t know if they will honor them. I will try tonight when we go to Fremont Street.

After church this morning, we drove to Caesars Palace and had lunch at Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay’s place, to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Bobby is on the food channel and has restaurants in several cities. I had been wanting to eat there for some time so yesterday I made a reservation. The food is southwest in flavor and style except on weekends they only offer a brunch. I had Spicy Chicken w/Sweet Potato Hash topped by a poached egg and drizzled with a spicy sauce. Clyda had a southwest combination of blue tortillas with egg and cheese. This was accompanied by a basket of delicious small rolls and scones. I really want to go for a regular lunch during the week sometime.

After lunch we drove west on Charleston to check on one of our apartment complexes we are invested in as they had been repainting the exterior. I looked very nice. The area has really grown in the last few years.

We stopped at Costco for a few items and then returned to the RV. I have cousins arriving in Las Vegas late tonight so we will be busy with them for the next few days. I will update when I can.