Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Equinox pictures

Location, At home, CA

I should have mentioned in last night’s trip synopsis that Clyda traveled for 4 months and then came home while I continued and was 5 days short of 5 months when I returned home.

I also said I would post some pictures of the new Equinox so here they are. It had just returned from the dealer after a complete inside and outside detailing so it looks really sharp.


I may have mentioned in an earlier post that I was reading a large book called "Post War". I finally finished the book last night. I started it when we left on our trip in June. I am not a slow reader but I only read this at night as my bedtime reading. It is all about the European recovery after WW II ended. I bought this book because I wanted to know more about the lives of German people after the fall of Berlin. There was some of that subject in the book but not the detail I was looking for. A better book on this is "German Boy" which I read while in Death Valley. This book is written by Wolfgang W. E. Samuel covering the period from just before the fall of Berlin to 5 years later. He lived it as a boy from his 10th birthday until he was 15 years old. It is a much better account of the everyday life of a boy in Russian occupied Germany