Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New automobile

Location, At home, CA

We did go to the local Chevy dealer on Saturday to just look. Yeah, right. We did look at some used cars but they either had high mileage or the warranty was about to run out. Eventually we dickered on a 2007 Chevy Equinox which was new. We hated the color so used that as a bargaining chip. Clyda did all the bargaining as she gave them a firm price to work from.

Eventually we came to terms and drove home with a new black amethyst metallic Equinox. The car goes back tomorrow for detailing as the service department wasn’t open Saturday to do the job. Maybe pictures tomorrow.

I am still working on the trailer. Today I cleaned the sinks and shower and dumped the tanks. I also vacuumed the whole rig from top to bottom inside. The carpets need cleaning and I may do that tomorrow if the weather cooperates. It has been really foggy and cold and I want a day when it is a little warmer so the carpets will dry.

I did get the data entered in spread sheets from our trip for miles and camping.
We traveled 11,006 total miles with 7912 miles pulling the trailer. Our average camping cost per day was $17.40. We averaged 11.8 MPG throughout the trip.
The highest price for fuel was in Canada at $4.04 per gallon while the lowest was $2.70 per gallon in Texas. The highest in the states was at Mohave, CA, my last fill up at $3.65 per gallon. Diesel fuel locally now is $3.75 per gallon.

I also am watching a lot of college basketball. This is my time of year. So many games in a few days. I love it. We went to one local college game last week and will go again tonight. Both games are the men’s team. We have yet to see the ladies play as they have been on the road.