Sunday, January 4, 2015

Just a short post.

A short post to say that I have arrived in Baker, CA with no problems.

After dinner at the Mad Greek restaurant I caught up on all the blogs and decided to post this short note

All went well with today's travels. I had no real traffic until I climbed the Grapevine on I-5. Even them it was not bad as there were few trucks. There were however lots of folks going home from the holidays with their cars packed to the gills and boxes and bags strapped to the top and back.

Much traffic on Hwy 58 to Barstow and also to Baker. Folks coming South on I-15 from Las Vegas were backed up in many places so I am sure it was a long ride home for many.

The Mad Greek was the busiest I have seen it. It was also nice and warm so Dick and I lingered after our meal. The outside temperature is 47 degrees with a slight breeze at 8:30 PM.

Tomorrows drive is only 90 miles so we should be there around noon time.

More later.