Sunday, January 11, 2015

Rain, rain, rain.

Rain, in the desert.

It rained most of the day. It started about 9 AM and quit sometime this evening.
Actually, quite a bit of water standing on some streets as we ran a few errands today.

Friday night the knob on my electric heater broke. I suspect it got fragile over time with the heat from the heater. It is repairable but I don't have a knob at hand so the next best thing was to buy another heater.

We were at Fry's, an electronics store which also sells appliances and they had several small heaters to choose from. I bought one which was similar to the one I already had. This new heater puts out much more heat than the old one as I found out during the night. Even on the low setting I woke up during the night because it was too warm in the RV.

Watched some football today and ran a few errands, like grocery shopping. The last chance for major shopping before we leave tomorrow for Quartzsite. There are grocery stores in Quartzsite but most just carry the basics.

From the road.