Thursday, July 12, 2007

HOT!!!! HOT!!!! HOT!!!!

Location, Lynden, WA

I guess I have fallen behind on my blogging. I didn’t realize I had missed 2 days already. Not a whole lot going on I guess.

On Tuesday afternoon I took the truck in for an oil change. It was not quite due but this is the only chance to get it done before we leave for Canada and parts east. It was also very warm on Tuesday. My thermometer said 91 degrees in the afternoon so we ran the AC.

Wednesday was HOT!!!!! Records were set in the Pacific Northwest this day. I had the AC on all day in the trailer. I had 97 degrees on the truck thermometer at 5:30 PM when I drove to Mark and Candi’s.

We went with Candi to her church for a BBQ around 6PM and it was still very hot. The church has a BBQ get together every Wednesday in the summer. The meat is supplied and everyone brings a dish to share. It is a young family church with lots of small children. There was a water slide set up and with the heat it got a great workout last night.

I worked around the trailer this morning with dumping the tanks and cleaning the shower and sinks. In early afternoon, our friends Thomas and Debbie arrived from Portland to spend a few days with us. We spent the rest of the day catching up on our lives and finished with a dinner of Amaretto Chicken made in the crock pot. Desert was thee… best raspberry pie supplied by Candi.

Oh yes, the temperature was 20 degrees lower today than yesterday. Very pleasant.